No Products in the Cart
Can't find what you're looking for? Give us a call on 01302 369700
Become an Investigative Coach
London is home to almost nine million people across 32 boroughs. Keeping them all safe and bringing criminals to justice depends almost entirely on the skills of our officers. This is your opportunity to make sure that those solving the most serious and complex crimes in future will have the best possible start to their detective careers.
This crucial training role will see you support, advise and develop Trainee Detectives from a variety of policing backgrounds. As part of a dedicated Learning and Development team for TDCs, you’ll coach and mentor each officer to complete the PIP 2 DC Programme successfully and pass on everything you’ve learned in your own career as a Detective.
You will meet all new officers and induct them onto the programme — agreeing a contract with them and setting monthly development meetings. A live coaching document will ensure that notes of meetings, agreed actions and plans are open to scrutiny and allow for accountability.
Throughout, you’ll develop optimal performance of the officer, review and discuss incidents with them to support critical thinking skills to decide how incidents, crime scenes, investigations have gone and how they might approach similar situations in the future. In addition, you’ll work with their line managers to gain a rounded view of needed development and learning.
This opportunity is for fixed term for 18 months. Application is via MPS website https://www.met.police.uk/car/careers/met/police-staff-roles/police-staff-vacancies/investigative-coach/overview/
To be eligible, you will need to evidence recent and detailed experience in the conduct of Police investigations and conducting interviews as a Detective Constable or Detective Sergeant in a PIP2 role. You’ll also be able to call on a good working knowledge of criminal law and of the criminal justice system, and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team will be key.
- Part time working will be considered depending on operational circumstances
- Significant potential Continuous Professional Development opportunities will be offered including internal experiences and courses as well as externally recognised qualifications
- All required refresher and baseline training will be provided to ensure your knowledge is right up to date
- Variations of shift can be accommodated on an ad hoc basis in order to meet the operational needs of TDCs and Coaches
Candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis with regard to location of posting, so early responses are advised.
It is essential for the post holder to have:
- Substantial and evidenced experience in the conduct of Police investigations and interviews as a Detective Constable or Detective Sergeant in a PIP2 role.
- A good working knowledge of criminal law and of the criminal justice system.
- A high level of interpersonal, written and oral skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- A methodical approach to work and the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- To have an awareness of equality and diversity issues in the working environment.
It is desirable for the post holder:
- To have an awareness of the PC to DC career pathway.
- To have recent experience of investigation within the Frontline Policing environment.
- Presentation skills
- A working knowledge of, or be prepared to have refresher training on CRIS, EWMS, Merlin, COPA and CRIMINT systems.
- To have an understanding of data protection issues in criminal investigations.
- To have a flexible approach to problem solving.
- The ability to facilitate the development of others
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
If you have any queries, please contact the TDC Development Recruitment Detective Inspector email@example.com to book a time discuss the role, or apply direct.
You might also be interested in
Premier Partnership Makes Strides in NHS Talking Therapies Conference
Premier Partnership helped make a significant impact at the recent National Employment Advisers in NHS Talking Therapies Conference held in Birmingham last month.
Unlock Funding for Your Training Needs with Premier Partnership!
Premier Partnership are excited to announce that we are now a provider on the SYMCA Skills Bank Framework, dedicated to supporting business growth and investing in skills across the South Yorkshire region.
New Evaluations Initiative Launched
At Premier Partnership, we continuously strive to enhance the quality of our training programmes and ensure they meet the unique needs of our delegates and their employers. Delegate feedback and insights are invaluable in helping us achieve this goal.