Civil Service Learning
There are over 350,000 people employed within the Civil Service and over 70,000 of these are managers and leaders.
The Civil Service’s key strategic partner in the delivery of training is Capita. They along along with members of the Civil Service Learning team commissioned Premier Partnership to Provide Accreditation pathways for all managers at all grades of managers and leaders in the Civil Service.
Why we were Needed
Premier Partnership were commissioned to:
- Provide Accreditation pathways for all managers at all grades
- Identify the most appropriate awarding body for Managers and Leaders within the Civil Service.
- Map the wide range of management learning opportunities available to the Civil Service to a recognised awarding bodies OFQUAL approved accredited products
- Develop an innovative and creative assessment process that met the awarding bodies criteria but removed barriers to learning and be a stimulating and stretching experience for the learner
- Design and host a moodle based web site that enables learners to download and upload qualification assignments
- Undertake the role as Internal verifiers and program managers
Why Premier Partnership were chosen
Premier hold the Centre Status for the provision of CMI qualifications. We have over 15 years experience of providing qualifications to Line Managers at all levels, in both the Public and Private Sector.
What we Provided
- A one stop shop for Management and Leadership qualifications in the Civil Service.
- A moodle based web site that enabled learners and their line managers to access guides to the process and assessment, and gives learners the capability to download assignments or assessment tasks and upload them onto their own secure LMS site.
- Clear guidance on Learning outcomes of each unit of assessment including other Learning opportunities including e learning, work based learning activities, workbooks, professional discussion tips and hints and signposting to relevant supporting materials on the CMI management direct portal.
- Support for learners and their line managers accessed by e mail and or direct telephone contact, webinar’s and postings on the web site
How the customers Objectives were met
We worked closely with our colleagues at the CMI and within Civil Service Learning and Capita to confirm the exact needs and expectations of the client.
A full mapping exercise was undertaken of all management and leadership learning products available to the CSL against CMI units of qualification at levels 3, 5 and 7.
Where gaps were found in learning opportunities we developed products that filled these gaps.
Our in house design team ensured that the web site and moodle area was engaging and practical and accessible through the wide range of IT functionality across all Government Departments and their Executive Agencies.
What was the Outcome
Managers within the Civil Service now have a range of qualification pathways that suit their individual development needs, experience and expertise.
These include Awards, Certificates and Diplomas at level 3, 5 and 7 and a flexible approach to the building of a qualification.
The learners/candidates now have a dedicated moodle site that enables them to access their own area of assessment and undertake assignments that are relevant to them and their own professional progression.
The site also informs and guides them to learning opportunities available to them through the Civil Service Learning portal and the CMI Management Direct Portal.
Managers now have a routeway to achieving Chartered Status with the CMI.
Premier Partnership also won Outstanding Training Provider of the year at the CMI National Management & Leadership Award. for our work with CIvil Service Learning
Premier Partnership have a National Management and Leadership Award for Outstanding Training Provider of the Year.
The award was is for our work with CMI, Civil Service Learning and Capita.
Executive Coaching Program for Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA)
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created through the Energy Act 2004. They are a strategic authority that owns 19 sites and the associated civil nuclear liabilities and assets of the public sector, previously under the control of UKAEA and BNFL.
Management Training for NHS Blood & Transplant (NHSBT)
NHSBT employs over 7000 people across the UK. “Communication Leaders” training was designed for very senior managers to assist them in the dissemination of the new vision for the organisation. In some instances the managers were expected to convey bad news, in others radical changes and as a result the product gave these managers the opportunity to hone their communication skills.